CHECK IN FROM TIME TO TIME TO FIND OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT SEED PEOPLES MARKET!
Women’s Lifestyle and Homeware Buyer (Full Time Position)
- This position is responsible for overseeing the buying processes for our Women’s Lifestyle apparel and accessories as well as our homeware and décor categories.
- Discover, select and place product orders for seasonal product from relative vendors based on sales reporting and trend forecasting.
- Work with general manager on seasonal buying budget, strategy and calendar.
- Work with other buyers to minimize product cross over.
- Ensure correct terms and paperwork are in place to ensure product can be received into inventory and paid in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain relationships and work with our vendors to ensure business goals are achieved. For example, overseeing and negotiating seasonal RA’s, swaps and credits.
- Constant involvement in brand relative events and clinics to ensure team members and customers feel connected to the product you purchase.
- Spend time on the retail floor to gain insight into customer demand and feedback.
- Attend local trade shows to source product.
- Schedule and attend seasonal showings in-store and offsite.
- Experience working in retail and/or e-commerce a must, philanthropic brand experience is a plus!
- Comfortable with sales analytics and reporting.
- Clear communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Excel, Outlook & Word experience as well as external B2B order placement.
- Background in any level of buying position will be considered.
- Recent graduates of study within this field are also welcome to apply for this position.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.