CHECK IN FROM TIME TO TIME TO FIND OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT SEED PEOPLES MARKET!
Outdoor Buyer (Full Time Position)
- Work with general manager on seasonal buying budget, strategy and calendar.
- Select and place orders for seasonal product from relative outdoor brands based on sales reporting and trend forecasting.
- Categories this position is responsible for include Men’s & Women’s apparel, accessories, footwear and camping equipment.
- Ensure correct terms and paperwork are in place to ensure product can be received into inventory and paid in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain relationships and work with brand representatives to ensure business goals are achieved. For example, overseeing and negotiating seasonal RA’s, swaps and credits.
- Constant involvement in brand relative events and clinics to ensure team members and customers feel connected to the product you purchase.
- Spend time on the retail floor to gain insight into customer demand and feedback.
- Attend Outdoor Retailer tradeshow twice yearly.
- Schedule and attend seasonal showings in-store and offsite.
- Experience working in retail and/or e-commerce - Outdoor industry a must, philanthropic brand experience is a plus!
- Comfortable with sales analytics and reporting.
- Clear communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Excel, Outlook & Word experience as well as external B2B order placement.
- Background in any level of buying position will be considered.
- Recent graduates of study within this field are also welcome to apply for this position.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.