Visual Merchandising Assistant
Reports To Visual Merchandising Manager & General Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
● Maintain and uphold the visual standards of the store through product placement.
● Collaborate with VM Manager to tell stories through product placement that is reflective of trend, reinforces each brands messaging, and inspires the customer to make a purchase.
● Ensure new goods are placed on the sales floor in a timely manner after being received into our inventory system.
● Ensure restock of sales floor product is done on a daily basis.
● Keep all mannequins styled with newest product.
● Ensure merchandising safety protocols around the store are being set and maintained and uphold ADA accessibility standards.
● Keep associates and managers on duty informed of new product arrivals and where it has been placed on the sales floor.
● Partner with inventory manager and buyers to review new product coming in.
● Attend all related meetings with team and brands as necessary.
● Work with digital marketing coordinator to obtain necessary in-store signage.
● Execute and/or oversee all markdowns with approval from General Manager and display markdown product to optimize sales.
● Keep visual merchandising materials, fixtures, and backstock room organized.
● Facilitate standards training to the MOD and sales associates as needed.
● Experience and background in retail merchandising.
● Degree or study in fashion merchandising, design or other related fields are encouraged.
● A strong understanding of key customer demographics to customize and create a successful display.
● Communicate confidently and effectively.
● Ability to climb a ladder and use basic power tools.
● Must be able to bend, reach and stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 50 pounds.
● Strong attention to detail.
● A strong understanding of our mission statement and be an advocate for it.
● Exceptional organizational skills.
● Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure.
● Positive team player
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.