Roughness and delicacy are the expressive elements of CERAMIC LAB. Developed by working closely with craftsmen in traditional pottery villages of Japan, it is a fresh interpretation of Japanese tableware for the modern lifestyle. Knowledge and skills were inherited to develop the product —from the proportion of clay and glaze, to the sensitive transformations while firing that depend on temperature and humidity. Featuring the warm textures of clay, the humble designs give comfort to the user.
- Born from skilled craftsmanship: CLK-151 items have a humble yet dignified presence. Rough texture of the clay peeks out at the bottom under the calm color glazing, and the bottom edges give a sharp impression reminiscent of quarried stone.
- Teapot: The handle of the teapot can be gripped comfortably. The large strainer is easy to clean and allows tea leaves to open widely inside and release their flavor.
- Born in Hasami: The items are made of sandstone unique to Hasami region, mixing sand and rocks with Amakusa porcelain stone mined from Amakusa islands. This porcelain clay ensures durability and deep nuanced expressions are created by the iron in the sandstone reacting with the glaze.
- Dimensions: φ70 x H110 x W175 mm / 500 ml (φ2.8 x H4.4 x W7 in / 17 oz)
- [Pot] Porcelain | Microwave and dishwasher safe | Made in Japan
- Do not overheat in a microwave or heat without water. Do not use abrasive cleansers or steel wool. Product size and shape varies in each item due to manufacturing process. Appearance of color glaze unevenness varies in each item. Some products may take on scorched-like texture on the surface. It is an unique glaze effect called "yo-hen", unintended color transformation show on the ceramic and porcelain after firing.
- [Strainer] 18-8 Stainless Steel | Dishwasher safe | Made in China
- Do not use in a microwave. Do not use abrasive cleansers or steel wool. To prevent rust, immediately wash and dry well after use. Store it away from other metals.