Designed for done-in-a-day, cold-weather alpine missions where moving fast and taking less is essential, the Fitz Roy Down Hoody is a packable, midweight belay hoody with 800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272). The purchase of Responsible Down Standard certified products demonstrates demand for better animal welfare practices in the down and feather supply chain. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory.
- Light and durable recycled nylon shell with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) provides weather protection and is soft to the touch
- 800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272) provides high-loft warmth in an ultrapackable midweight layer
- Alpine helmet–compatible hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar
- Center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with an internal storm flap
- Two handwarmer and two external, zippered chest pockets allow for easy access while belaying; self-stuffs into left-front pocket
- Large internal catch-all pocket with elasticized opening allows for easy storage
- Soft, elasticized stitching at cuffs and dual-adjust cord-lock system at hem seal out the elements; made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory
- Shell: 1.1-oz 20-denier Pertex® Quantum 100% recycled nylon downproof ripstop with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Lining: Pertex® Quantum 0.8-oz 10-denier NetPlus® 100% postconsumer recycled nylon ripstop made from recycled fishing nets to help reduce ocean plastic pollution; with a PFC-free DWR finish
- Insulation: 800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272)
- Shell and lining fabrics are certified as bluesign® approved
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory
- Weight: 485 g (17.1 oz)
- Regular fit
Patagonia was founded in 1973 by Yvon Chouinard. Based in Ventura, California, the company started as a blacksmith company that made rock climbing gear. Today, Patagonia is an industry leader in sustainability. They are working towards 100% PPC-free (a chemical harmful to the environment) DWR finishes by 2024. Through the Holdfast Collective, Patagonia will invest an estimated $100 million of profits to help fight climate change annually.
In September 2022, Yvon transferred ownership of Patagonia to the Patagonia Purpose Trust and Holdfast Collective, a nonprofit dedicated to fighting the environmental crisis and defending the lands, as a way to help fight climate change. Explore our featured Patagonia apparel including men’s and women’s Patagonia sustainable clothing, as well as Patagonia outdoor clothing for your next adventure. Why Patagonia
Here at SEED, we are the largest vendor of Patagonia in Orange County. Their insulated jackets, waterproof and water-resistant shells, mid-layers, and Capilene base layers are our favorite technical clothing for the outdoors. Whatever and wherever your adventures take you, Patagonia offers a wide range of high-quality, long-lasting, and sustainable products that are durable and multi-functional. With products that are responsibly certified, made with recycled materials and/or DWR finishes, Patagonia goods are made with purpose and the Earth in mind.