The Cirro Wool is a super soft, wear-all-day lace-up sneaker made from ethically sourced merino wool with accents of pineapple husk leather.
Why super fine merino wool? YY Nation wool is so fine it molds to your foot while maintaining great strength using patented spinning technology. And this YY wool has so many benefits. It keeps your foot temperature regulated, eliminates odor, and it’s machine washable so it’s easy to keep clean.
The Cirro can be dressed up or dressed down making it a super versatile style. The durable, stable sole is crafted using ingredients of Algae or Sugarcane. Rubber inserts increase grip allowing you to get around with ease.
The Cirro is super lightweight—both on your foot and on the planet, with low carbon emissions (average 7.06kg CO2e per pair!) that really ups their feel-good factor. The Cirro Wool sneaker with Algae sole uses 7.17kg CO2e. The Cirro Wool sneaker with Sugarcane sole uses 6.95kg CO2e compared to an industry average of 14kg CO2e per pair of sneakers. YY Nation carbon results were independently analyzed and certificated using ISO 14067 standards by thinkstep™ and Ekos (™).
- YY Nation super fine merino wool is ethically grown, certified, and traceable from New Zealand growers. The merino sheep live in the high country of New Zealand’s South Island on a free range farm and come down for a haircut once a year.
- YY soles are made from nature using natural bio-based materials like Algae or Sugarcane that don't emit harmful oil based chemicals into the environment like most other shoes.
- Using pineapple husk waste as leather accents reduces harmful CO2 emission caused from burning off this waste material, turning waste into wonder
- There’s less need for transportation as many of the raw materials are made into YY Nation’s unique shoe components within 65 miles (100km) of our manufacturing home base.
- Small carbon footprint: the YY Nation supply chain has been designed and developed to minimize the YY Nation carbon footprint. YY Nation CO2e emissions are 42% to 61% lower than conventional sneaker emissions.
- It gets better. YY Nation sneakers are Zero Carbon certified. Whatever YY Nation removes from the environment, we put it back in by planting indigenous forests to restore the natural wonder for future generations and animals to enjoy. It's the YY Nation way.
- All Packaging is made from FSC certified, environmentally friendly cardboard
- Laces are made from recycled post-consumer plastic
About YY Nation
Proudly born out of Aotearoa, New Zealand, YY Nation is set out to make the most sustainable footwear on Earth. Committed to circularity and becoming Zero Carbon Certified, YY Nation is continuing to find new advances in footwear technology to protect nature as it is a huge part of their identity. YY Nation utilizes natural materials including merino wool, bamboo, pineapple “leather”, algae, sugarcane, castor oil, and recycled plastic laces.
Why YY Nation
From their natural materials to their brand ethos, YY Nation immediately resonated with what our marketplace is all about; Products with a purpose. Our team is impressed by how relaxing the footwear feels let alone how lightweight they are. With multiple styles and colorways for men and women, YY Nation could be the next sustainable staple for your day-to-day strolls.