The Fractus is part of YY Nation cactus court sneaker range. Crafted using natural materials extracted from shaving cactus plant nopales, reducing the use of harmful chemicals and petrochemicals that are used in conventional leather and plastic based materials. The cactus range is light and cool on your feet utilising ‘Wood pulp’ Tencel™ lining that wicks away moisture and provides a cooling temperature regulating effect. The Tencel™ material has a silky-smooth feel while the cactus leather provides comfort and durability – Wonder made Wearable!
The Fractus can be dressed up or dressed down making it a super versatile style, offered in a range of colours to suit your style. The durable, stable sole is crafted using YY ingredients of Algae or Sugarcane. Rubber inserts increase grip allowing you to get around with ease.
- YY soles are made from nature using natural bio-based materials like Algae or Sugarcane that don't emit harmful oil based chemicals into the environment like most other shoes.
- Using cactus leather accents reduces harmful CO2 emission caused from burning off this waste material, turning waste into wonder.
- There’s less need for transportation as many of the raw materials are made into YY Nation’s unique shoe components within 65 miles (100km) of our manufacturing home base.
- Small carbon footprint: the YY Nation supply chain has been designed and developed to minimize the YY Nation carbon footprint. YY Nation CO2e emissions are 42% to 61% lower than conventional sneaker emissions.
- It gets better. YY Nation sneakers are Zero Carbon certified. Whatever YY Nation removes from the environment, we put it back in by planting indigenous forests to restore the natural wonder for future generations and animals to enjoy. It's the YY Nation way.
- All Packaging is made from FSC certified, environmentally friendly cardboard -Laces are made from recycled post-consumer plastic.
About YY Nation
Proudly born out of Aotearoa, New Zealand, YY Nation is set out to make the most sustainable footwear on Earth. Committed to circularity and becoming Zero Carbon Certified, YY Nation is continuing to find new advances in footwear technology to protect nature as it is a huge part of their identity. YY Nation utilizes natural materials including merino wool, bamboo, pineapple “leather”, algae, sugarcane, castor oil, and recycled plastic laces.
Why YY Nation
From their natural materials to their brand ethos, YY Nation immediately resonated with what our marketplace is all about; Products with a purpose. Our team is impressed by how relaxing the footwear feels let alone how lightweight they are. With multiple styles and colorways for men and women, YY Nation could be the next sustainable staple for your day-to-day strolls.